Saturday, August 29, 2009

Drive-By Journalism

So I was cruising down the boulevard in the Stanford Solar Car last Thursday. I was the middle car in a three-car convoy. Cars would slow down as they passed by to do a double take on our carbon fiber contraption.

One guy pulled up next to me and started taking pictures. The "experimental prototype" he snarks about is the car we're taking to Australia, and "Solstice" is the old model, this one's Apogee. Cool pictures, nonetheless. And mad props to Mr. Zbrozek for digging this up.



And if you want more production value and more ridiculous commentary, Wired.com did a post about us, too.

More pictures forthcoming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to Australia also, Daniel?

Feross said...

The pictures of you in the solar car are awesome! You never told me that you got to drive it, so I was doubly surprised!

Way to go, Daniel!

Food said...

Ooh, didn't know you were part of the Solar Car project. :)

Anyhow, just got your text (haha I need to check stuff like this more often) - I've been sketching around Apple (internship) but now that's over I'm just waiting for school to start up again, haha. So how'd you manage to get your hands on snow in the summer?

Joyce Ding said...

My PWR 2 big research was about EVs, and also touched on World Solar Challenge. I'm excited that you're involved, and wish our team a great success!

Joyce Ding said...

My PWR 2 big research was about EVs and also touched on World Solar Challenge. I'm excited that you're involved, and wish our team a great success!

 
Views