Saturday, October 3, 2009

I'm in Sydney

...on my way to Melbourne. Jesus, Australia is awesome. I think even the bag claim conveyor belts go counterclockwise here.

Over the next few weeks, we'll be putting as many miles onto the solar car as we possibly can, and then we're racing. It's the World Solar Challenge--from Darwin to Adelaide, across the outback, sun power only.

(The car, just before shipping, with about half the solar panels on. Taken a few weeks ago by Nathan.)

I'll be blogging from the road, of course, and on the trips to New Zealand and Thailand some friends of mine and I are doing afterward. Nathan has some great pictures of the solar car on his blog (which he started writing just for this trip, and which I'm sure will be excellent). If we have time, we'll throw some content on the Stanford Solar Car team blog, too. And Wired.com's Autopia did a post about us a few weeks ago.

Peace!

No comments:

 
Views